The Belk College of Business seeks a diverse group of MBA students. Applications are evaluated on several factors, including past academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, work experience and references.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A satisfactory GPA on all previous work beyond high school
- Three academic or professional recommendations
- A statement of purpose describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate study
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review. An official (officially certified) final transcript must be submitted if an applicant is offered admission. International transcripts provided in a language other than English should be uploaded, but a translated version should be uploaded as well.
- A resume or a CV
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE test comprising of acceptable levels on both the verbal and quantitative scores. For more information on minimum GMAT or GRE score requirements, please click here.
- Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the Belk College MBA has temporarily waived the GMAT/GRE test requirement for Summer and Fall 2021 graduate program admissions. If the Graduate Admissions Committee can decide upon an application without GMAT/GRE test scores, they will do so. If not, the Graduate Admissions Committee may ask that applicants complete the online GMAT/GRE option.
The Belk College of Business may consider waiving the GMAT/GRE for candidates who meet certain requirements. Learn more here.
Although work experience is not a requirement for admission to the program, applicants are encouraged to acquire some experience before applying to the program. Three years of work experience is preferred.
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
An official TOEFL or IELTS score to demonstrate English proficiency. For the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the minimum score is 83 (ibt). For the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the minimum overall band score is 6.5.
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.
*The application process is managed by the UNC Charlotte Graduate School and UNC Charlotte International Admissions Office.