The Belk College of Business seeks a diverse group of MBA students. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors, including past academic performance, work experience and references.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A satisfactory GPA on all previous work beyond high school
- Three academic or professional recommendations
- A statement of purpose describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate study
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review. An official (officially certified) final transcript must be submitted if an applicant is offered admission. International transcripts provided in a language other than English should be uploaded, but a translated version should be uploaded as well.
- A resume or a CV
Although work experience is not a requirement for admission to the program, applicants are encouraged to acquire some experience prior to applying to the program. Three years of work experience is preferred.
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
An official TOEFL or IELTS score to demonstrate English proficiency. For the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the minimum score is 83 (ibt). For the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the minimum overall band score is 6.5.
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.
The Belk College MBA program admits students throughout the year on a rolling basis.
Priority will be given to applications received by March 1 for fall admission and October 1 for spring admission. Applications will continue to be reviewed on an ongoing basis as space permits. Enrollment is limited, so students are encouraged to apply early.
*The application process is managed by the UNC Charlotte Graduate School and UNC Charlotte International Admissions Office.