In the past six months, the Belk College of Business received three major rankings and top marks recognizing the MBA program’s exceptional quality of education, outstanding ROI, top job placement rates, and high starting salaries upon graduation.
The Belk College was recognized in October in Bloomberg Businessweek’s biennial ranking of part-time MBA programs, placing No. 20 out of 74 national programs. In Bloomberg’s study, schools are ranked based upon employer surveys, alumni career outcomes, recent graduates’ starting salaries and job placement rates. This was a 13-spot jump for the Belk College on this list.
In February, CEO Magazine released their Global MBA rankings, in which the Belk College was named a “Tier 1” MBA program in North America. CEO Magazine’s rankings aim to focus solely on the nuts and bolts of an MBA: the learning environment, class sizes, tuition fees, faculty, delivery methods, international diversity, gender makeup and more. They seek to recognize programs that marry exceptional quality with great ROI.
Most recently, U.S. News & World Report’s Best Business School rankings named the Belk College’s Part-Time MBA among the top 20% of all programs at No. 59. This was a 27-spot jump for the Belk College on this list, which ranks schools based upon peer institution reviews, student GMAT scores, work experience and undergraduate GPAs.
"The numerous accolades the Belk College has received this academic year are a direct result of the tremendous accomplishments of our students, alumni, and faculty members," said Dr. Steven Ott, Dean of the Belk College of Business. "Our deep-rooted connections to the dynamic Charlotte business community add value to a Belk College education. Those connections allow us to develop industry-relevant curriculum for graduate students who are developed to be not only coveted talent, but also future leaders.”
The MBA isn’t the only program gaining national recognition. This academic year, the Belk College earned top marks in eight different rankings.
The Belk College has achieved the following rankings in the 2015-2016 academic year:
- The Belk College part-time MBA ranked No. 20 in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek
- The Belk College MBA was named a “Tier 1” program among North American universities in the Global MBA Rankings by CEO Magazine
- The Belk College part-time MBA ranked among the top 20% of all programs nationwide by U.S. News & World Report at No. 59
- The Belk College M.S. in Mathematical Finance program ranked No. 20 in the 2016 Economics Rankings by The Financial Engineer
- The Belk College M.S. in Mathematical Finance program ranked No. 24 in QuantNet’s rankings of Best Financial Engineering Program
- The Belk College M.S. in Economics program ranked No. 58 nationwide in the 2016 Economics Rankings by The Financial Engineer
- The Belk College Master of Accountancy program placed among the top 25% of all programs nationwide ranking No. 44 by The Financial Engineer
- The Belk College undergraduate programs ranked among top 25% nationwide by U.S. News & World Report
Top qualities recognized by these rankings include student, and alumni feedback on return on investment, promise of job security and higher starting salaries after graduation, as well as employer information on programs that best prepare students for success in the workplace.
With more than 87 full-time faculty and more than 27,000 alumni, the Belk College of Business is a vital intellectual resource to the Charlotte business community. Our deep-rooted partnerships with business leaders in the Charlotte area creates a dialogue that shapes our industry-relevant curriculum, and informs the second largest financial city in America with valuable research.
Belk College was the first in the Charlotte region to offer an MBA program, the first to attain the prestigious AACSB accreditation, and the first to offer courses in the heart of Uptown Charlotte to serve the needs of working professionals.
To learn more about the programs offered in the Belk College of Business, click here.