What can I expect to gain with an Entrepreneurship and Innovation Certificate?
The Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation will give you a strong foundation in entrepreneurship and innovation, skill sets that are increasingly in demand. The certificate will give entrepreneurs (both those who seek to create independent ventures and those seeking to lead innovative transformation within existing corporations), a strong foundation to support current or future endeavors. Coursework in the certificate also provides a foundation that can be used to satisfy graduate business degree requirements in the future.
What types of jobs are available for someone with training in Entrepreneurship and Innovation?
Firms are increasingly realizing the need to evolve their sources of competitive advantage by exploiting opportunities, deconstructing orthodoxies and pre-adapting in hyper-competitive marketplaces. The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Certificate provides students with unique skills to complement their existing education and experiences in order to create new ventures, or to add new value to their corporate employers. In particular, the certificate is relevant for students seeking:
- to become managers who can more effectively envision new opportunities and understand how to leverage resources to pursue those opportunities
- to achieve proficiency as marketing practitioners who can understand customer needs and direct their firm’s innovative efforts towards viable solutions
- jobs as engineers and scientists who desire to understand the practical relevance of their work and how they can transform their work into solutions to address societal needs and support superior organizational performance
Multiple career paths also exist for students seeking to pursue opportunities outside of existing corporations. The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Certificate will provide foundational skills to explore new endeavors via:
- new business start-ups
- franchising/franchisee opportunities
- the purchase of existing businesses
- non-profit organization start-ups and leadership
The certificate aims to satisfy the increasing societal demand for skill sets related to entrepreneurship and innovation. Entrepreneurship serves as the path through which innovations and improvements to the overall quality of life within society come to fruition. In doing so, entrepreneurship and innovation drive economic development. The Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation also allows students considering the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program and other graduate studies in entrepreneurship to explore material prior to formally committing to a full graduate degree program. The certificate program requires completion of 12 graduate credit hours of coursework in entrepreneurship and innovation (four courses). Students who complete the certificate and are admitted to the MBA program can apply all four certificate courses toward completion of the MBA.
Admission and Progression Requirements, and all Program Requirements can be found in the Graduate Catalog. Please see the information below: