Brian T. Marley will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at Charlotte Business Journal's CFO of the Year Awards on August 19. Marley is a member of the Board of Advisors of the Belk College of Business.
Marley is the retired Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Belk, Inc. Belk, with revenues of approximately $3.5 billion, is the largest privately held mainline department store in the U.S. with approximately 300 stores in 16 states.
Additionally, 5 of the 16 finalists for Charlotte CFO of the Year are Accounting alumni:
- John Adams, Viewmont Urology Clinic, PA (BS '80 Accounting)
- Scott Childress, United Protective Technologies, LLC and affiliates (BS '00 Accounting)
- Rebecca Hardin, Verigent, LLC (MACC '08)
- Teresa Hinson, FJC, Inc. (BS '95 Accounting, MACC '07 Accounting)
- Cassmer Ward, Intelligent Design Engineering, PC (BS '98 Accounting)
Congratulations also to UNC Charlotte's Elizabeth Hardin, Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs, also a finalist for the awards.
Charlotte Business Journal's CFO of the Year Awards program recognizes local professionals with outstanding performance in their roles as corporate financial stewards. The 6th annual event will be on Tuesday, August 19 from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte. Attend the event and learn more.
Photo: Courtesy of Brian Marley