The Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations is a four-course graduate certificate which prepares students without a business undergraduate degree for the MBA program at UNC Charlotte.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations is a great option for students who want to continue their education at the graduate level and explore the world of business and is intended for individuals interested in career advancement, professional development, or a career change. The Certificate is a concentrated 12-hour program that offers fast-paced, application-oriented instruction in fundamental business knowledge, and meets prerequisites for most MBA programs. The Certificate is particularly beneficial to students who hold a bachelor's degree in a non-business area of study but seek opportunities within new careers in business and industry. The courses in this Certificate Program meet the requirements for the preparatory component of the MBA program. Certificate holders who wish to apply for admission to the MBA program must follow application requirements, including completing the GRE or GMAT standardized test. Business Foundations Certificate courses are charged at the graduate-level tuition rate. Rates can be viewed at the following site: http://mba.uncc.edu/prospective-students/financial-information/tuition-and-fees
- MBAD 5110: Foundations of Economics (3 credits)
- MBAD 5121: Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- MBAD 5131: Principles of Financial Accounting and Financial Management (3 credits)
- MBAD 5141: Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis (3 credits)
- Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree (minimum GPA 2.75).
- Graduate school application for admission form
- One official undergraduate degree transcript
- An essay describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking the Certificate in Business Foundations Program
- Application fee